Cr Peter Beales (Mayor)
Tell us about your background? (Family, career, professional experiences)
I am a former Police Officer, proprietor of a general store and Disability Support Officer. Prior to moving to Ararat in 2014, I represented the Kinglake district on the Yea and Murrindindi Councils for eight terms. I served four terms as Mayor, including from 2009-2011 after the February 2009 fires. I have been involved in numerous community groups, and have continued this involvement since moving to Ararat. I represent Council on the Municipal Association of Victoria’s Human Services Committee and am a Council representative on a number of community committees.
What are your most enjoyable hobbies/interests?
What do you see as the biggest strengths within the municipality of the Ararat Rural City and what is your vision for the next four years?
Official Council appointments:
- MAV Human Services Committee
- MAV Emergency Management Committee
- Municipal Emergency Management Planning Committee
- Elmhurst Public Hall Committee of Management
- Lake Bolac Complex Committee of Management
- Lake Bolac Memorial Hall Committee of Management
- Mininera Recreation Reserve Committee of Management
- Tatyoon Hall and Recreation Reserve Committee of Management
- Willaura Golf Club Committee of Management
- Willaura Memorial Hall Committee of Management
Cr Beales can be contacted on: