Ararat College is located in the Central Highlands Region of Victoria approximately 100 kilometres west of Ballarat and is a 7-12 co-ed College of 300 students servicing a large rural community. The College was established in 1913 as one of the state’s earliest secondary schools on the current site. In 1969 it divided into High and Technical Schools. In 1991 the two schools were consolidated on one campus in Barkly Street. The concept for Ararat Community College began in 1994 when the TAFE campus was incorporated on the site to create an education precinct. In 2008 the school name was simplified to Ararat College.