Elmhurst has a Primary School, a Bush Nursing Centre, playgroups and a number of recreation facilities including a 9 hole golf course and club house and a newly built recreation reserve facility. The local hotel serves as a family community hub. A transport service operates on Fridays & Saturdays to connect people to Ararat, Avoca, Maryborough and Ballarat.
What do people living in Elmhurst say about it?
- The quiet lifestyle is attractive for retired and senior people to live
- We like all the clubs and community organisations in our town
- We love the bush Nursing Centre
- Our halls, police station and services are important to us
- The mobile library is popular
- Magnificent walks and access to the Wimmera river
- Great place for picnics and fishing
- picturesque landscape
- Agriculture, viticulture and local artists are all strong