Tatyoon is essentially a centre for farmers and their families, offering community and sporting facilities. The majority of residents are involved in primary production.
Off farm income is achieved for some families with teachers, nurses, shop assistants, administrative officers, traveling to Ararat to work, and also bringing a diversity of ideas and experiences back to the community.
What do people who live here say about it?
- We are a small community in terms of permanent residents, but we include families drawn from a large area, including Ararat, Buangor, Maroona, Westmere, Yalla-Y-Poora and Willaura.
- We are proud of our existing facilities, most of which have been funded through community efforts.
- Our people are our greatest asset, and possess a great spirit and are generous with their time and also financially.
- Our sporting facilities are among the best in the area, including a quality playing surface on the oval, one of only three turf wickets in the Grampians Cricket Association, Flexi pave
- tennis/netball courts and recently built football/ cricket clubrooms.