Local laws and regulations
Ararat Rural City Council currently has two Local Laws in effect (adopted by Council on 17 April 2012).
- Governance Local Law, and
- General Local Law
Two documents incorporated by reference in the Local Laws are as follows:
- Meeting Procedures
- Local Laws Infringement Notices, Permits and Fees.
The Local Laws and Documents incorporated by reference can be downloaded from the Related Publications area on the right hand side.
After hours contact details for response to emergencies
The following details are for Infrastructure (Depot) staff including Local Laws for the response to emergencies that are a danger to public safety such as but not limited to:-
- Oil spills on roads, storm damage to roads from water and trees over roads
- Blocked drains during storms
- Vandalism or accident damage to road signs and council buildings
- Animal Control for dog attacks and wandering stock on roads
At 5.15pm Council's telephone system is switched over to automated attendant operation.
The caller may ring the normal Council everyday number 03 5355 0200 where they will receive recorded instructions as to the particular inquiry and to:
- Press (2) for Depot staff - oil spills, trees over roads etc
- Press (3) for Animal Control - dog attacks, stock on roads
- Press (4) to leave a message for a non-emergency that will be attended to on the next working day