Ararat Wind Farm Sustainable Grants 2018 awarded
Posted Thursday 24 January, 08:59am
Around $80,000 was awarded to 19 community groups late last year under the 2018 Ararat Wind Farm Sustainable Grants program.
Grants were awarded to groups across Ararat Rural City, Northern Grampians Shire and Pyrenees Shire in December with Ararat Windfarm and Wind Lab representatives Mark Pickering, Lynette Hansen, Shaun Blackie and Dean Tonkin attending on behalf of the Ararat Windfarm at a ceremony in Ararat.
Ararat Rural City Council Mayor Cr Peter Beales and Pyrenees Shire Council Mayor Cr Robert Vance also attended the ceremony. Cr Beales said the program received 33 applications.
“The total value of all applicants’ projects was approximately $460,000.00 with more than $179,000.00 worth of requests, which demonstrates just how many worthy projects are on the go across the region,” Cr Beales said.
Mr Tonkin said Ararat Wind Farm was thrilled to offer the grants once a year.
“It was a delight to be able to see the Ararat Wind Farm’s Sustainable Grants Fund distributed across the three Councils to provide assistance to so many wonderful projects,” he said.
“The Ararat Wind Farm is proud to provide the sustainable community grants fund to provide financial support to promote community social and environmental sustainability initiatives for the benefit of the communities within the municipalities of Ararat, Northern Grampians and the Pyrenees.”
The fund is part of the Ararat Wind Farm’s community investment program.
The successful applicants for 2018 were:
Ararat Rural City Council
- Alexandra Croquet Club Inc. – reverse-cycle air-conditioning for croquet rooms.
- Ararat & District Historical Society Inc. – Langi Morgala – LED display lighting upgrade.
- Ararat Bowling Club – kitchen renovation.
- Ararat College – Ararat College VCAL school farm.
- Ararat VRI Bowling Club – renovations to their south-side shelter.
- Chalambar Bowling Club – shade and shelter upgrade.
- East Grampians Health Service – improving children’s safety by installing a shade sail at the Ark Toy and Activity Library.
- Elmhurst Primary School – 150 years celebration book production.
- Moyston Public Parks Inc. – safer pathway at the Moyston Recreation Reserve.
- Willaura Modern – Our Town: History Revisited – Future Created with IT equipment.
Northern Grampians Shire Council
- Adoptable Pet Rescue – establishing a rescue hub for north-west Victoria.
- Banyena Community Hall – outdoor revitalisation.
- Great Western Primary School – enjoying food for life project.
- Scouts Victoria Cooinda Burrong Scout Camp – ray of sunshine, solar panels.
- Stawell Motorsports Club – grandstand.
Pyrenees Shire Council
- Barkly Hall and Recreation Reserve – Barkly Hall fridges/freezer replacement.
- Beaufort Community House and Learning Centre – laneway beautification.
- Redbank Reserves Committee – community inclusiveness.
- Moonambel Events Inc. – heritage signs for Moonambel township.