Ararat Wind Farm Sustainable Grants Program 2017 – Grants Awarded
Posted Monday 30 October, 04:23pm
The Ararat Wind Farm Pty Ltd was delighted to celebrate the successful recipients of its Sustainable Grants Program for 2017 at its first grants presentation ceremony.
Picture: Above are the successful recipients of the Ararat Wind Farm Sustainable Grants Program for 2017, (from back, L-R): Gary Edwards, Landsborough and District Historical Society; Tine Wilde, Ararat Pony Club; Stacey Dale, Ararat Swimming Club; Shaun Blackie, Windlab; Colin Barr, Ararat Pistol Club; Cr Paul Hooper, Ararat Rural City Council Mayor; Joanne Wiseman, St Arnaud Citizens Brass Band; (from bottom L-R) Bart Rutley, Elmhurst Golf Club; Dr. Don Leishman, Avoca Friends of the Pool; Lisa Pilgrim, Mt Cole Equestrian Association; Leanne Anderson, Amphitheatre Recreation Reserve; Tracey Erkotons, Stawell Performing Arts Company Inc. (SPACI); Stuart Liddell, General Manager Ararat Wind Farm; Cr Tony Driscoll, Northern Grampians Shire Council Mayor; Barry Wiseman, St Arnaud Citizens Brass Band.
In attendance was the General Manager of Ararat Wind Farm Stuart Liddell, Wind Asset Manager Windlab, Shaun Blackie, Ararat Rural City Council Mayor Cr Paul Hooper, Northern Grampians Shire Mayor Cr Tony Driscoll, and community representatives from across Ararat Rural City, Pyrenees Shire Council and Northern Grampians Shire.
There were 29 applications received for this project for a total grant allocation of $65,000.00.
The total value of all applicants’ projects was approximately $350,000.00 with more than $180,000.00 worth of requests.
“It was a delight to be able to see the Ararat Wind Farm’s Sustainable Grants Fund distributed across the three Council’s to provide assistance to so many wonderful projects,” Mr Liddell said.
The successful applicants for 2017 were:
Ararat Rural City Council:
- Ararat Swimming Club – New timing equipment
- Elmhurst Golf Club – Clubhouse upgrade (carpet and servery)
- Ararat Pistol Club – Upgrade to facilities
- Pomonal Primary School – Pomonal Sustainability and Natural Activity Precinct
- Ararat Pony Club – cement floor for two sheds
- Mt Cole Equestrian Association – Purpose built trailer
- Ararat and District Junior Football Association – replacement of junior player jumpers
Northern Grampians Shire Council
- Stawell Performing Arts Company Inc. (SPACI) – all terrain portable stage
- Stawell Historical Society – Digitising project for cataloguing records and other items
- St Arnaud Citizens Brass Band – Bank Hall External Refurbishment
- Stawell Neighbourhood House – Stawell Community Food Program Equipment
Pyrenees Shire Council
- Amphitheatre Recreation Reserve – BBQ at Recreation Reserve
- Lexton Public Hall Inc. – Refurbishment of Toilets at Lexton Hall
- Avoca Friends of the Pool – Grans at Pool Project (seating and play equipment)
- Landsborough and District Historical Group Inc. – Protection of the assets of Landsborough and District Historical Group
The Ararat Wind Farm Pty Ltd was proud to provide the sustainable community grants fund to provide financial support to promote community social and environmental sustainability initiatives for the benefit of the communities within the municipalities of Ararat, Northern Grampians and the Pyrenees.
This fund is part of the Ararat Wind Farm’s community investment program.