Community groups and event organisers invited to grant workshops
Posted Thursday 10 October, 10:02am
Community groups and event organisers are invited to attend workshops that will help them work through Ararat Rural City Council’s new community grants and events funding application process.
The Council’s revamped Community Support Grant and Event Funding Program will provide a total of $171,000 over two funding rounds each year. Up to $3000 is available for community based projects and $5000 for festivals and events, with funding given on a 2:1 basis.
Council CEO Dr Tim Harrison said a review of the Council’s grants and event funding program was conducted earlier this year to see how the program could work better for the community.
Dr Harrison said the new program will provide funding to clubs, organisations and community groups for projects that benefit the municipality, as well as events run within its boundaries.
The workshops, which start next week, will take people through the new process and give tips and advice on how to apply.
“This new-look model aims to meet the aspirations of all stakeholders and be a one-stop-shop for all funding requests,” Dr Harrison said.
“The new program will have two rounds of applications each year, one in April and the second in October. Under the new model, Council will provide $2 for every $1 provided by the applicant.”
Sport and recreation, arts and culture, and environmental and sustainability groups can apply for up to $3000, while festival and event organisers can apply for up to $5000 on a 2 for 1 basis.
Dr Harrison said all grant applications need to meet the eligibility requirements and will be assessed by an independent panel against criteria including outcomes, planning and management, budget, and planning documentation.
The first round of the new program will open in late October, with Council officers holding workshops to help applicants in the following locations:
- Ararat – Wednesday 16 October from 5.30pm at Alexandra Oval Community Centre.
- Pomonal – Thursday 17 October from 12pm at the Pomonal Community Hall.
- Warrak – Thursday 17 October from 3.30pm at the Warrak Hall.
- Lake Bolac – Monday 21 October from 4pm, at the Lake Bolac Community Complex.
- Moyston – Wednesday 23 October from 5.30pm at the Moyston Recreation Reserve.
- Willaura – Thursday 24 October from 4pm at the Willaura Recreation Reserve.
- Elmhurst – Friday October 25 from 10am at the Elmhurst Bush Nursing Centre.
The new guidelines are available by clicking here.