Volunteers recognised for their dedication to community
Posted Monday 27 May, 02:54pm
Ararat Rural City Council has presented awards to a number of volunteers for their dedication at a celebratory event during National Volunteers Week.
Council CEO Dr Tim Harrison said it was wonderful to see so many outstanding individuals and organisations nominated for awards, which were presented at the event last Monday evening.
“We truly appreciate our volunteers and this event was a small thank you for the countless hours they give to their communities,” he said.
“Without volunteers, there are many services and programs that simply could not operate, and we really appreciate their efforts. We also thank Peter Brennan for being our guest speaker on the night.”
Volunteering Australia holds Volunteer Week in May every year, with the organisation’s motto for this year being “making a world of difference”.
Awards were presented to the following people and groups:
Community event / organisation:
- Ararat Eisteddfod
- Ararat Golden Gateway Festival
- Moyston Easter Market
- Ararat Fire Brigade
- Kaye Fox – Ararat Breast Cancer Support group
- Bev Walker – Ararat Breast Cancer Support group.
- Mervyn Fox – Prostate Cancer Support Group
- Marianne Wilson – Ararat Park Run
- Angela Reynolds – Ararat Park Run
- Peter Jovic – Ararat Park Run
- Rick Thomas – Ararat Tennis Club
- Peter Horvath – Meals on Wheels
- Brian Collins – Ararat Eisteddfod
- Sally Perry – Ararat Golden Gateway Festival
- Melissa Perry – Ararat Golden Gateway Festival
- Rhonda Wall – Country Fire Authority