drumMUSTER and ChemClear
Ararat Rural City Council is proud to support drumMUSTER and ChemClear through providing facilities at our transfer stations.
These important industry stewardship programs are part of the Industry Waste Reduction Scheme (IWRS). Agsafe Limited is contracted by AgStewardship Australia who manages the levies collected under the IWRS. The IWRS is funded by a levy on eligible non-returnable farm chemical containers over 1 litre or kilogram in content from participating chemical manufacturers.
drumMUSTER is the national program for the collection and recycling of empty, cleaned, non-returnable metal and plastic agvet chemical containers it provides:
- an environmentally responsible solution for chemical users to the problem of disposing their empty chemical containers;
- helps property owners to keep their property clean of potential contamination;
- encourages good farming practice and meets Quality Assurance obligations; and
- supports the preservation of the wider environment.
Bring along your empty, cleaned containers for inspection and acceptance at your local drumMUSTER collection site at one of our transfer stations.
Did you know the drumMUSTER product is recycled into useful everyday items such as street signs, irrigation piping, plant stakes and outdoor furniture?
For more information visit www.drummuster.com.au
ChemClear® is the national program for the collection and disposal of unwanted currently registered agvet chemicals. The objective of the program is to minimise the accumulation of unwanted agvet chemicals held in storage which may create potential risks to the environment, public health and trade.
There are two categories of agvet chemicals ChemClear® collects:
- Group 1 chemicals are currently registered products manufactured by participating companies signed to the Industry Waste Reduction Agreement. These products are collected free of charge.
- Group 2 chemicals are products manufactured by non-participating companies, or, deregistered, unknown, mixed or out of date products. A per litre/kilogram fee for disposal applies.
Registrations are essential and can be made at www.chemclear.com.au or 1800 008 182.