Council inspects road signage regularly and replaces damaged or illegible signs. A replacement sign may differ from the original sign where required by current standards. In some cases signs will be removed rather than be replaced.

Please advise Council if you note a missing or damaged sign.

Tourist and service signs are primarily provided for the guidance of motorists and to facilitate safe, efficient and orderly travel.

People or organisations seeking to install tourist attraction and/or service signs within the road reserves are required to make application to Council. Use a Works Within Municipal Road Reserves permit application for this purpose.

Where such application for signage relates to, or impacts on arterial roads, Council may refer the applicant to VicRoads..