During an Emergency
In an emergency, council supports response agencies with the provision of local resources, working collaboratively with the incident controller to manage the impact of the emergency on our community.
During these times, Council;
- Works with the response agency for the event to support the response efforts, as well as activating relief and recovery activities if required
- May open and operate our Emergency Relief Centres for displaced residents if required.
- Services may include assistance with food and clothing, temporary accommodation, personal support services and access to grants or financial aid
- Other activities include, road/tree clearing, traffic management support, animal welfare related services and assisting the distribution of warnings and information to the public and media
If an emergency event occurs, residents should:
- Monitor information releases for direction, such as the VicEmergency app, and the
- Ensure that they are prepared to leave at short notice if required and that emergency plans are put in motion early
- Ensure preparations are in place for any pets or livestock (further information )
- If a fire, flood or other hazard occurs near your property, please call Triple Zero (000) immediately to notify emergency services