Municipal Public Health & Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025
We are all in this together! Good health is not just the responsibility for health services but of our workplaces, our schools, our community and our leaders.
Council has the opportunity to influence the health of our people across all the environments for health in our every- day core business.
A Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan describes the positive changes Council wants to bring to health and wellbeing in the community and what Council will do to make these changes.
Council’s Municipal Public Health & Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025 has set the following distinct stages;
- Development: This phase will be focussed on consolidating key partnerships, undertaking detailed planning and engaging the community in identification of key projects and actions.
- Implementation: This phase will implement the key outcomes of the plan.
- Evaluation: This phase will involve a formal evaluation of the success of the MPHWP and the partnerships and prepare for implementation of the next plan.
Some key priorities in Council's MPHWP that you can become involved in include;
- Building Effective Partnerships
- Developing Socially and Emotionally Strong and Diverse Communities
- Creating a Community that Stands Against Domestic Violence
- Developing Key Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Support Active Living and Preventative Health
Key Project Partners
Ararat Rural City Council has partnered with the following key project partners, to deliver on the actions in the Municipal Public Health & Wellbeing Plan and to advocate for good health for all.
- East Grampians Health Services
- Federation University Australia (FedUni)
- Psychology Education Resource Centre
- Committee Grampians Community Health
- Central Highlands Integrated Family Violence
Find a copy of the Municipal Public Health & Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025 here.