Do you need help to continue living at home?

1800 200 422
or visit

NB: eligibility for support through My Aged Care is based on your age and the support you need.
Ararat Rural City Council’s Home Support Team is available to answer questions and provide support when dealing with My Aged Care. Call us on 5355 0242.

As we get older, living independently in our own homes can become more difficult for many reasons. If you’re finding it harder to do the things you used to, why not ask about the help on offer?
Asking for help doesn’t mean losing your independence. Getting a little help with daily activities means you may be able to stay living independently in your own home for longer.
Ararat Rural City Council can help with a range of things including shopping, cooking, domestic tasks, bathing, dressing and getting in and out of bed, depending on the referrals we receive for you via My Aged Care.
The most important thing to remember is that you will have a choice about what this support looks like. Support plans are developed to reflect your individual needs.
If you’re over 65, the way to access these services is through the Federal Government’s My Aged Care service (contact details on the other side of this flyer).
If you’re under 65 and find it difficult to manage the everyday tasks required to live safely and independently, please contact Ararat Rural City Council’s Home Support office to discuss your needs.

Council’s Home Support Office contacts:
Phone: 5355 0242