Council at its meeting held on Thursday 29 June 2021 adopted its Community Vision 2031.
Council's commitment to working in partnership with its community was reflected in the community engagement process undertaken to prepare the Community Vision 2031.
During June 2021 a series of community engagement sessions were held in Tatyoon, Lake Bolac, Elmhurst and Ararat.
The Community Vision 2031 outlines how Ararat Rural City Council will be develop over the next ten years and is characterised by:
- Strong population growth trajectories that buck trends in rural Victoria.
- Continuous and sustainable economic development which is focused on job creation through value adding in agriculture, advanced manufacturing and tourism.
- Leadership in pragmatic approaches to local environmental management.
- Sustainable and effective local transport networks underpinned by careful technical and financial planning undertaken jointly between asset users and asset owners.
- Communities that are enhanced by access to artistic, cultural, sporting and recreational opportunities that meet needs and expectations.
- Strong and robust democratic processes underpinned by transport governance, good financial management and organisational growth.